Prev: UK to US wormhole Next: RE: Mixed Technology Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

RE: [DS] Stargate

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:55:43 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Stargate

G'day,

And more from Brian on DS-SG1 ;)

Cheers

Beth

>>>>> Brian's message(s) <<<<<<<<<

1. Thanks for the correction fo the spealling of Jaffa

2.  Agreed, they suck, especially their staff weapons, that's why I had
already decided on all assault troops.	The FMA's suggestion that they
draw 2 chits instead of 3 is worth considering.

3.  I'd seen the tripod-mounted heavy staff weapon, I rate it an APSW
element in DS II terms.

4.  Suggestion that they all be standard troops, not PA, is a good one.

5.  The suggestion of the heavy bomber is duly noted.  Any suggestions
as to weapons and a good substitute figure to represent them?  I went
with the lighter fighters because I have figures for them.

6.  If	I ever do extrapolate further ground forces based on the concept
but not on actual stuff in the shows, I'll probably go with WH40K Epic
Eldar stuff.

OH, and I agree about the motherships (giant pyramids in space) being an
objective if landed in DS II.  In FT terms, I'd say go with cinematic,
give them advanced KV drives, a whole passel of Beam-1's and one big
nasty spinal mount of some sort, and treat the base of the pyramid as
the bow of the ship.

Prev: UK to US wormhole Next: RE: Mixed Technology Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.