Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: RE: [DS] Stargate

RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:46:52 +1000
Subject: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

G'day,

> I never got warm and fuzzy about HELs.  Just not
> enough power to suit me.  MDC and HKP, if they hit,
> are almost always going to kill a vehicle of the same
> armor rating as the weapon and usually one higher.
> HELs just don't seem reliable enough.  And with class
> 4 and 5 MDCs the range is long enough that you rarely
> will have a line of sight past medium range anyway.

We play the odd game with high ranges on one side or rolling plains so
you can get the odd occasion where having a HEL helps, but on the whole
you're right about range. I didn't choose HELs for power or range
actually. I use WWI tank models and couldn't justify calling the little
side guns on those MDC or HKP as that sounds like it needs a "sodding
big gun" to represent whereas I thought I could get away with it for a
HEL ;)

Have fun

Beth

Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: RE: [DS] Stargate