Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: Who's going to Kubla-Con?

Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:21:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

Roger:
***
>On the other other hand, there's always MIR, which is both peace and
>universe...

The meaning where those two meet in the middle, and the original one, is
"fortification" or "stockade".
***

Ah, the 'peace-as-security' mindset, as well as other parts of the world
view...

I hadn't heard that before. Thanks again!

***
Now you begin to understand the baseline on which the Russian mind is
built. Next, fairy stories... :-)
***

No chicken-legged houses! *arrgh*

Matt:
***
not that it in any way helps me pronounce the word so that a Russian
would
understand me of course.  :-)
***

Strangely enough, even though my vocabulary is almost non-existant, and
you
probably do as well as I on sounding out phrases, on the few I remember
from class I seem to do rather well. I've had several Russian
immigrants,
one a foreign student at university, tell me I speak Russian 'without an
accent'. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: Who's going to Kubla-Con?