Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:51:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 09:48:11AM -0500, Doug Evans wrote:

>I was thinking the weird fascination with 'rocket' that seems to rival
the
>usage of 'cosmos'. While we'd think of 'rocket troops' as missle
firing,
>I'm not sure the Russian-dominant ESU space forces wouldn't use it in
their
>terms for space troops.

It does seem quite plausible.

>On the other other hand, there's always MIR, which is both peace and
>universe...

The meaning where those two meet in the middle, and the original one, is
"fortification" or "stockade".

Now you begin to understand the baseline on which the Russian mind is
built. Next, fairy stories... :-)

Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL