Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:54:07 +0100
Subject: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:47:12AM -0500, Doug Evans wrote:
>>Morskoy Pekhoty
>Having another mental itch, I did a quick look at Alta Vista Babelfish,
and
>it suggests voyenomorsk for naval. Is 'sea' infantry more appropriate
usage
>in the Russian military?

Voyna is "war". If you have piekhotiy, it's assumed that they're
warlike. On the other hand, a voyenomorskoiy flot is a "sea-war fleet",
because "morskoiy flot" could mean your fishing-boats and such like.

Hence "voyeno-kosmicheskiy flot" for the ESU in FB1, which I think was
my fault originally. :-)

Roger

Prev: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL Next: Re: [FH] What do you call in Drop Troops the NSL