Prev: Re: GZG 6/15/25 mm infantry figures questions Next: RE: Problems with ordering oversea's...

Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:36:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...

I might have to check this out.  While I most likely would order direct
still this might be a good resource to have 'in the hip pocket' for
others who needed an "AAmerican" source for GZG figures.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:12:45 -0500 "David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com>
writes:
><<SNIP>>
>> My point is that there are substantial hurdles for a lot of folks in
>the
>> U.S., particularly those in rural areas, when it comes to financial
>> transactions across the Atlantic. I was pointing this out as one
>reason
>> why eBay auctions of GZG products can hit prices higher than Jon
>sells
>> them for by mail. We have anecdotal evidence that GZG games and
>figures
>> are less prominent in the U.S. than they were when Geo-Hex was
>> distributing them. The "just buy them from the U.K." comment that
>many of
>> us (myself included) tell players looking for the rules and figures
>just
>> isn't an option for some Americans.
>
>I'm going to suggest a 'local' gaming store here in Chicago-land for
>American's (though they have shipped all over the world)-
>
>Games Plus, who run a thriving and well-regarded mail-order business
>along
>with their excellent and large brick and mortar business. They also
>give
>breaks on mail-order's, and they will deal Credit Card, COD, or even
>by
>check if you want to.
>
>I've know the people there for years and they are all great.
>
>http://www.games-plus.com/
>
>They already carry GZG products (for all I know they order direct from
>Jon,
>it wouldn't surprise me) and have a huge wargamer (not just
>role-player)
>clientele - moderns, historical, fantasy, etc. About half the very
>large
>store is devoted to mini's.
>
>Think about it, it's probably worth it. If you call and talk to Rich,
>tell
>him I said hi.
>
>David A. Rodemaker

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: GZG 6/15/25 mm infantry figures questions Next: RE: Problems with ordering oversea's...