Prev: Problems with ordering oversea's... Next: RE: Problems with ordering oversea's...

Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:55:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Problems with ordering oversea's...

>They already carry GZG products (for all I know they order direct from
Jon,

I would say more likely old GeoHex, but an acceptable 'sale' price,
unless
you're used to crazy bargain bins, as I am.

Just for info, don't many of the newer GeoHex have plastic bases.

***
You can order international money orders from the US Post Office. They
send
them from a central site, so there is a fee and some time lag, but it is
viable option for infrequent orders.
***

Allan had already mentioned the whole PO money order thing, but I'm not
sure he got it QUITE right. The PO clerk that explained it to me
suggested
you pay in dollars, and at the time it's issued in the 'central site',
it's
changed to whatever exchange rate is going then. So far, from what
other's
have said on eBay and here, he may have been blowing smoke to me nether
regions.

Just an FYI, when I sent funds to Jon, it was a cheque, not a money
order,
supposedly drawn against a UK bank(banque? ;->= ), and still cost me
about
a third of what Dean paid, but about three times what the fellow from Oz
paid. (Sorry, lost the name in this somewhat overlong thread.)

The_Beast

Prev: Problems with ordering oversea's... Next: RE: Problems with ordering oversea's...