Prev: Re: Re: Kravak rules? Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:11:02 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

> Many folks are intimidated by ordering across the briny; we've seen it
on
> the list, and I experienced it. Have to wonder about those in c).
Course, I
> haven't worked out shipping differences, though...

There's another issue, though, that not everyone is aware of.

If you don't have a credit card, how do you pay for GZG items? I don't
think they take PayPal. You would have to send a money order to GZG.
This isn't even an option, though, in certain parts of the U.S.

I went to the local post office here in Louisiana and they could not
give me an international postal money order in pounds sterling. They
could only give it to me in U.S. dollars. I ended up having my mother
send a money order to Britain from Canada in pounds.

Other than the post office, it's hard to find a local vendor that will
do foreign currency money orders. Places like Western Union will do it,
but the only places I know locally that sell Western Union money orders
can't handle foreign currency.

So, it's entirely possible that a teenager or young guy in college can't
actually buy directly from Jon. Instead, he sees the items on eBay, can
pay by PayPal or just a plain money order in U.S. funds to someone in
the U.S., and they jump all over the auction.

If you could guarantee some good margins, perhaps with Jon's assistance,
it may be viable for someone to resell GZG items on eBay at a
substantial enough profit to make it worthwhile.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Re: Kravak rules? Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted