Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: Questions for the Forum

RE: Questions for the Forum

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 08:24:49 -0500
Subject: RE: Questions for the Forum

>I can re-do the scan at a higher res for OCR'ing but as Jon pointed out
it
>does take time and since only 3 people so far have expressed an
interest I
>did'nt do it.

I'm sure the requests are to get it into text-into-M$Word, so you are
probably right that image-into-M$Word isn't enough of an improvement to
warrant your effort. The whole A4 format issue is wicket-sticky, but if
one
nudges Acrobat's settings, you can get a pretty fair print on 8" x 11"
paper. Hint, use the Text Crop(?) tool to select best part of the pages.
I'm not sure why those downloads have US as the column title when the
format is UK. ;->=

Firstly, maximum praise to Jon and Paul for the effort! 'It's out of
print,
so we're giving it away' happens, but seldom enough to be damn
impressive!

Secondly, Paul, as it's prolly a case of limited hours in the day, I'd
rather you direct your efforts to putting the screws to..., er,
respectfully encouraging Jon to supply more fig images, and other
company
downloads (playtest items?) as appropriate. I've seen the improvement,
and
just want to give a 'keep up the good work.'

Lastly, Jon, don't you 'owe' us some more 15mm SG figs? *duck*

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: Re: Questions for the Forum