Prev: Re: Questions for the Forum Next: Re: Ship match up question

TravellerCon - Quick feedback

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:06:21 +0100
Subject: TravellerCon - Quick feedback

Just back from TravellerCon so this isn't the After Action Report , but
the Power Projection: Fleet battle went well. We had around 70 ships
(20 or so capital) and 50 fighter squadrons in play. Player numbers
were 2 short of optimal (2 per side) and half of them hadn't played
PP:F or FT before. However, Duncan Rowlands and Neil McGurk did a good
job of introducing the game.

We played for around 8 hours which was 3 game turns. Realistically, we
could have completed another turn at least in the time, but there was
no real urgency to do so. By the end of the third turn (which only took
an hour because everyone was used to the game by then) we had a good
idea who would win (the Imperials) so we decided to call it a day. When
we discussed it, we reckoned we could have easily managed an hour a
turn (with everything firing) had everyone known the game.

The big things for me:

1) Everyone enjoyed it.
2) The task force rules work well at large scale.
3) The black globe rules work well.
4) Never get Neil McGurk to roll dice for you.

AAR to follow.

TTFN

Dom
--------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com--------
"Even in the most depressing dystopia,
there's still the notion that the future is
something we build. It doesn't just happen.
You can't predict the future, but you can
invent it. Build it." Niven/Pournelle/Flynn

Prev: Re: Questions for the Forum Next: Re: Ship match up question