Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Map Next: Re: Questions for the Forum

Questions for the Forum

From: "Warren Shultzaberger" <carol_warren@a...>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:46:46 -0400
Subject: Questions for the Forum

I lost my Full Thrust Fleet Books (I had both of them) in the process of
moving and I have yet to replace them. In fact I lost Full Thrust, More
Thrust, Fleet Books 1 & 2, and Stargrunt2. Really pissed me off at the
time! I have some questions/observations for all you fine folks.

I remember playing only 3 games using the FB rules and here are some
observations made (from memory) about those games.

We argued over the smaller firing arcs a lot. To us the forward, aft,
port, starboard worked just fine. Has anyone else had these issues? We
liked the beam weapons being called 1, 2, 3, etc... It helped in
remembering the ranges. And there was no upward limit to these beams so
a beam 5 or 6 could be done. If I remember right weren't the PDAF and
the ADAF combined to allow for both functions? That seemed a lot more
logical to us too.

Has anyone standardize some counters for the game yet for those of us
who are miniature challenged? Counters that are all an inch long,
regardless of the ship type, would be a great help for newbies to the
game. Print them out, glue them to some good posterboard backing, and
Ta-Da! Instant gaming counters!

Another thing I've noticed... When I run a game using the small counters
from my old Starfire game instead of my collection of starship
miniatures, the players plot slower speeds. I guess the think the
counters are moving more/faster in relation to the size of the gaming
piece than the miniatures do. Anyone else had this happen?

I've downloaded the Dirtside PDF but it prints out kind of fuzzy/blurry.
Is there any way to get that in a Word format? I also like to be able to
print it out on USA Letter size paper.

I used to have the links to a site that listed the Marines and Aliens
from the movies, and the Predator creatures, in Stargrunt2 format...
Anyone have the links to those?

Last, and every off topic... Can someone supply some links for some 15mm
Fantasy figs for my Hordes of the Things and Fantasy Rules games?

Thanks a million in advance....
Warren Shultzaberger

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Map Next: Re: Questions for the Forum