Prev: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!! Next: RE: Painting tips

RE: Painting tips

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:49:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Painting tips

Ok, so if someone wouldn't mind enlighting me... what is "Magic Wash"
(yes, I saw the ingredients listed below) and why is it magic?

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

On Thu, 13 May 2004, John C wrote:

> > >I've taken to doing something similar with line troops, but I use a
> >mixture
> > >of water, brown ink, and Future acrylic floor wax.  Works well, and
it's

> > >lot less trouble than using a stain.
> >
> >Futura (though I assume any acrylic wax will do) is the 'secret' of
Magic
> >Wash, right?
>
> That's the stuff.  I use a mixture of about 3 parts water to 2 parts
Future,
> mixed with the appropriate amount of ink.  The only pre-made washed
that I
> have right now are black and brown, and I mix others as needed.
>
> Fantastic stuff.  I've had really great results by makig a magic wash
out of
> Vallejo's "Smoke" ink; instant weathering.
>
> John Crimmins

> Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with
MSN
> Premium!

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200439ave/
direct/01/

Prev: RE: Jon's Wormhole was: Pleased customer!!! Next: RE: Painting tips