Prev: Re: NEW INTERNET WORD Next: [OT] NEW INTERNET WORD

Re: [OT] NEW INTERNET WORD

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 13:29:40 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] NEW INTERNET WORD

> On Fri, 7 May 2004 DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>

> > BLOG?  WTFO?
> >
> > it looked like a news  page to me  old eyes and feeble brain?
> >
> > BLOG?
> >

> weblog

And in fairly common use too, I'm afraid.
Blog, to blog, blogger, blogging...

Thanks for the compliment re TCP BTW. Unlike CNN, ABC etc etc the people
writing this are (literally) a bunch of Ameteurs, who get paid
zip, nada, diddly-squat. Because we have access to a network of
people who are actually clue-enabled - such as certain ex-military
sometimes make a rather better guess as to what's happened than the
pros.
A minor example is strongly hinting that it was a SpecOps helo rather
than
a plain old CH-53 that went down recently, 12 hours before anyone else.

We also had the news about Saddam's statue coming down as it happened,
it was on the net and in the cache within 10-15 secs after the events,
quiet a bit sooner than CNN, BBC etc etc

To see what a more traditional Blog looks like, ones that a DAWGFACE
might appreciate, may I suggest:
http://www.lt-smash.us/
http://chiefwiggles.com/
http://www.sgtstryker.com/
A reasonably good list is at
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/lgf-anti-idiotarians.php

For those of a more leftist persuasion, may I suggest
http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/
http://marxist-org-uk.blogspot.com/
http://blog.hakmao.com/

The two lists above prove that intellect, goodwill and rationality are
not monopolies of either left or right.

You'll find Blogs on Politics, Space, Medicine, the Military, Cats,
Biotechnology, Jazz... and some which are just diaries, or a mixture
of themes.

e.g.
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Intermittent postings from Canberra, Australia on Software Development,
Space, Politics, and Interesting URLs.
And of course, Brains...

Latest postings:

Obligatory Cat Post, with a URL to an Epic Poem about Schroedinger's Cat
Instructions on how to get rid pf a *nasty* Trojan that anti-virus
systems don't detect yet
The Black Spot - URL to an online flash game, plus RL Stevenson's
"Treasure Island"
The Uni Student who lived in the library (URL to news story)
China's Moon Program - stuff that isn't making the headlines (yet).
The Brain on Mars
The anatomically-correct Torso Cake (URL), plus Gilbert & Sullivan's
"Modern Major General"
in several versions (URLs)
e.g.
"I am the very model of a modern Media-Journalist,
I've information biased, bogus, banal and paternalist,...."

That's since Wednesday, anyway.

---

Prev: Re: NEW INTERNET WORD Next: [OT] NEW INTERNET WORD