Prev: Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 23:07:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@webone.com.au>

> Anyway, my travels in the US have been confined to NY, Connecticut,
Ohio, DC,
> Massachaussets (briefly - I took the wrong exit from the freeway),
and
> California.

    You'll have to visit God's Country next time you're in the States,
then.  You will need to learn how to use the second person plural
("y'all") but it is no longer mandatory that you eat grits.
   Seriously, even in the South there are differences.	When my sales
territory was the southeastern US, I could tell by their accent over
the phone which state a person was from, and often which part of the
state (eastern vs western Tennessee, or central vs western North
Carolina).
   As for culture...well, even yogurt has culture.

Prev: Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Culture was Re: [OT] Vietnam and modern combat