Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: RE: Vietnam and modern combat

Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:04:06 +1000
Subject: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>

> And still very happy to have USN presence in the
> region I'm sure. Still, from what I've heard,
> your sub forces are cheekey bastards that like to
> take pictures of USN Carrier hulls from
> underwater.

I can neither confirm nor deny... except that I think some
pictures actually got printed in one of our newspapers, so
that's a bit silly.

RAN and USN subs (especially the Permit class) used to go
into lots of interesting places to take pictures of
propellors and other things.

But AFAIK only the Canadians actually landed a raiding
party and made off with a ships' bell. I doubt they'd get
away with it today, US security is far better than it was
back then.

Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: RE: Vietnam and modern combat