Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Random thoughts from Salute

Random thoughts from Salute

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:25:03 +0100
Subject: Random thoughts from Salute

I was at salute, and for the first time I took my eldest daughter
(Briony aged 9).

She managed to keep up her 100% record at age of sail naval by beating
off a pirate raid on a convoy she was escorting in one of the
participation games and bought her first metal figures (25mm WW1 British
Lancers in 1914 uniforms).

I bought the Hammer's Slammers technical handbook/rule that David Drake
was there to promote and picked up my free "Hammer's Slammers senior
officer" figure from Jon as well as some 25mm Modern US rangers which I
will be using as a stargrunt force.

Now that brings me to something the list could help with we have two
questions:

Me:

Anyone know of a source of 25mm Modern (c2000) Australian infantry?

Briony:

Anyone know of a source of 20mm WW1 Australian Light Horse?

So in a desperate and contrived attempt to bring this back on topic in
someway.

Given that the NSL Jagers and IIRC Colonial Militia both have mounted
figures how would you handle these in Stargrunt? I'm assuming that they
would be acting as mounted infantry.

Chris Downes-Ward

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Prev: RE: Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Random thoughts from Salute