Prev: Re: Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:30:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

Scott,

These are some good ideas and ones I will have to
incorporate.  The only problem I see is with players
that are more into winning than with playing the game
and having fun with it.

Ideas like these (FUBAR) make for a great game for
folks who are into simulating what might have actually
happened but can be very frustrating for someone used
to the "My men go where I tell them and they stand to
the last" sort of gamer.

I side strongly on the simulation and love this sort
of stuff.  I remember a few ECCs ago when I was able
to make it and I was in an FMAS game.  One of my
figures I was modeling on K'rrt (Weaselboy).  Each
turn he would move and then go In Position.  Our team
leader urged me to move him faster as we could use his
heavy weapon in the firefight to soon develop.	I told
him that this was the way this troop would operate and
until action was joined he would continue his cautious
movement.  Fun stuff.

Bob Makowsky
--- Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net> wrote:

> A group that I used to game with put on some of the
> most Challenging  wargames (Vietnam or other period)
> I have ever played in. The reason for this, I
> suspect, was because the people who put on the games
> were Vietnam veterans and knew what a SNAFU it could
> be. Some of the things that were used that made it
> interesting were:

<<Bits snipped for bandwidth>>

Prev: Re: Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Vietnam and modern combat