Prev: Re: Vietnam and modern combat Next: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:46:52 +0000
Subject: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

> Impact should be lower. The FALs and M14s should be higher. (Don't
> forget the Aussies! You don't want the diggers cross with you!)

I thought, perhaps, going with D8 impact, but then I thought that D6
would be too high an armour rating for someone who just had a metal
helmet. I like the idea of differentiating armour types in a particular
period. It sort of bugs me that some troops have helmets and others
don't when there is no difference within the rules. I know, not strictly
legit, but I wanted a feel of the period using SG2. SG2 doesn't really
have the differentiation of armour to that degree, so I was going to
fudge things for the benefit of "feel".

I wasn't going to bother differentiating different makes and models of
weapons of the same "class", though. For one thing, I was planning a
scenario with a limited number of  weapon types, not an era sourcebook.
Second, SG2 doesn't differentiate between makes and models of weapons.

> Since you're doing Vietnam, you might want to draw a difference
> between the Full and Semi-auto M16s where appropriate. The same goes
> for the M14s.

This, to me, is too much detail for SG2. I would think the use of full
and semi-auto would be abstracted into the to hit roll. This would be
more appropriate for FMAS.

> The US and British troops with body armor would have a D4 armor value.

D4, per the rules, means "no armour".

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com