Prev: Re: Figther Thought Questions Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released

Re: Figther Thought Questions

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:23:45 -0700
Subject: Re: Figther Thought Questions

K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

>Complex phrasing is a notorious problem when writing rules, if you aim
to be
>reasonably comprehensive and idiot-proof (*). WRG Ancient period rules
(DBM
>and their ilk) are perhaps the best (worst?) example of this
difficulty.

If you're calling DBM et al some of WRG's complicated sets, then you've
either never seen or have blacked-out 7th edition Ancients. Possibly
designed to keep rules lawyers entertained and so keep them away from
other games.

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: Figther Thought Questions Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released