Prev: Re: [DS 2] design question - a little 1 capacity question. Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:44:29 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:57:36AM -0400, Grant A. Ladue distributed
> foul capitalist propaganda:
>
> [...]
> >    Hmm, now that I think about it, how does a fighter group compare
> > versus a PDS for mass and effectiveness against missiles?  Would you
> > be better off with a few fighter groups screening you (and providing
> > their own fire control) rather than using PDS's with fire controls?
>
> PDS do not run out of CEF. :-)

   Sure, but as the rules stand, a fighter group burns no CEF moving
with the
 ship they're screening.  They'll only burn CEF when they shoot at
incoming,
 which gives them 6 shots if I'm remembering correctly.  How often does
a PDS
 manage to get off more than 6 shots?  Of course, when the fighters are
 screening a BDN/SDN, they can always just land and reload as well.
   When I first asked the question, I assumed that it wouldn't work.
Now I'm
 starting to wonder.

  grant

Prev: Re: [DS 2] design question - a little 1 capacity question. Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts