Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:39:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>Eh, perhaps it's just me.  I'm just having a problem coming up with any
>explanation for *how* any number of fighters could stay with a small
ship
>indefinitely.

How do you explain that a Banzai Jammer - which isn't much larger than a

fighter itself - can outrun fighters during short sprints?

>Hmm, now that I think about it, how does a fighter group compare versus
>PDS for mass and effectiveness against missiles?  Would you be better
off with
>a few fighter groups screening you (and providing their own fire
control)
>rather than using PDS's with fire controls?

Depends on many things - eg. on how fast your defending fighters get
shot
down by the enemy ships (or fighters!), on whether or not the enemy
fighters get close enough to the PDS-equipped ship to be shot at by
them,
etc. Fighters are more flexible than PDS, but they can also be more
vulnerable.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts