Prev: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-) Next: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

Questions concerning beta test Fighter rules

From: "Leszek 'Leslie' Karlik" <leslie@e...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:25:06 +0200
Subject: Questions concerning beta test Fighter rules

Well, today we fought our first battle that included fighters (ESU vs
NAC, 2000 point task forces, head-on combat) - we only had 5 fighter
squadrons total (ESU had 2, NAC 3) but we used the new rules anyway,
and here are some questions we had to raise:

a) If I have an escorting Fighter group, and the escorted group
decides to take a secondary move, does the escorting group have to pay
1 CEF, too? (The wording of description of Phase 6 seems to suggest
that they get the move for free, in which case it is better to have 1
'leader group' of long-range fighters escorted by interceptors and
heavies (or is escorting limited to 1 escorting group per 1 escorted
group? it is not clear from the description, and having more escorts
to one group should be possible - for example, if I have 1
full-strength anti-ship fighter squadron, 1 heavy fighter group with 2
fighters remaining and 1 interceptor fighter then having both the
heavies and interceptors escort the 6 attack fighters makes sense)

b) Is fighter weapon range reduced to 3" in vector movement? Or is
anti-ship fighter range 3" (since ships are easier to incercept in
vector) but anti-fighter range still 6" (since fighters move the
same)? Or is it still 6" for both cases?

c) Since those rules make refuelling more important, when are fighters
refueled and re-armed? How long does it take? I know that FAQ
says that you have to house-rule this, but IMO it should be explicitly
included in the New, Improved Fighter Rules (TM). ;->

[How about having 1 CEF returned for every Damage Control Party
available? That way, intact carriers refuel and rearm their fighters
much faster, and rearming occurs during the damage control phase]

d) I assume fighters are recovered in the "launch fighters and
ordnance phase"? This should be in the New, Improved Rules too, since
they make recovering and rearming fighters more important. (During
this fight, we already had to make one refueling and rearming of
fighters, and it was a rather short battle)

Leslie
--
Sol-Earthsa Leszek Leslie Karlik dam Posen;	 leslie @ ideefixe . pl
	      Drone, Offensive; Special Circumstances, Contact Section.

Prev: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-) Next: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question