Prev: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:16:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

>And wear a dust mask!
>
>Resin dust:   bad stuff for the lungs, eyes, mucous membranes, etc...

I dunno; I thought the winds in NZ were so constant and strong they just
had to be certain to be upwind...

Seriously, before anyone jumps up and states 'we're all experienced and
know that!', Flak's right in that any mention of working resin probably
should have the warning, just in case a newbie comes across the post in
the
future.

> Actually, rather than trying to fill the gap I'd sand the two hull
> halves down till you get a good fit -

Depends on the casting, again. You can loose or alter details,
especially
if the gap is mostly a concave void in the center. I don't think that's
as
likely a problem with the GZG designs, as I think most are fairly flat
in
those areas.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede