Prev: RE: DSII free pdf!!! :-) Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-)

Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:53:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

>G'day guys,
>
>I' picked up a Paladin (the big wheeled tank) from Nic a while back and
>will be trying to put it together in the next few months. A quick look
>makes it pretty clear there is a sizeable gap between the two halves to
>fill. Derek does have some putty ideas to try from his model building
>days, but I thought I'd just double check to see if anyone with more
>recent experience had any advice on the best stuff to use.
>
>Thanks
>
>Beth

Hi Beth,

Actually, rather than trying to fill the gap I'd sand the two hull
halves down till you get a good fit - put a sheet of fairly coarse
sandpaper or wet-and-dry flat on a good smooth work surface, then
sand the piece in a circular motion, checking for fit at regular
intervals (you'll be surprised how fast coarse grit cuts through the
resin!).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: DSII free pdf!!! :-) Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! :-)