Prev: Re: Twins Next: Re: [OT] sorry about the picture

Re: Twins! and Re: [OT] sorry about the picture

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:31:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Twins! and Re: [OT] sorry about the picture

Doug wrote:

> First thing must be: CONGRATULATIONS!

Yes, first and foremost, congratulations!

> As for the attachment, such excitement is expected and forgiven.

Well, I'm not quite so ready to forgive. I have a dial-up connection. In
spite of a 56K modem, trunk speed in this area relegates me to 24K on
the old computer and, for some reason, between 16K and 19K on the new
computer. I received two copies of Tony's e-mail from the list, both at
over 500K, plus I've been monitoring the digest as well since I've
missed e-mail to my HyperBear account. That meant that I downloaded 2
meg of attachments (and in the first message I downloaded one of the two
attachments didn't open; I just deleted the second message). Murphy's
Law being what it is, I was downloading mail because I was expecting a
semi-important e-mail from someone for something I was doing last night.

While I understand the desire to e-mail attachments to folk, please
refrain from doing so in the future, regardless of the occasion. Find a
free or cheap web site somewhere and post them there.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Twins Next: Re: [OT] sorry about the picture