Prev: RE: UNSC ship pics Next: Re: UNSC ship pics

Re: UNSC ship pics

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:58:57 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC ship pics

>  >
>>  I don't think there is a "right" way of doing them so do it what
ever way
>>  you think looks good.  When I built my fleet, I pondered these same
>>  questions.	In the end I decided to make them more horizontal than
vertical
>>  if I had the choice how to mount things.  Then I rotated the engines
so they
>>  are in a diamond formation as you put it.  Why?  I don't know,.
maybe to
>>  give the ships a bit of variation.
>>
>>  When Fleet Book 3 shows up, there will be an image of each ship that
might
>>  be kinda 'official' but I don't think anyone here would be upset if
you
>>  built them differently.  Hell my BC is different than official as I
don't
>>  like the command section for that mini and I had an extra BB, so I
cut off
>>  the chin of the BB command section and glued on some greebles (a
model
>>  builders term for misc detail bits from who knows where) where the
AMT tubes
>>  are mounted and used it instead.  If you think that is bad, don't
even dare
>>  to look at Jim Bell's UNSC fleet.  Though I think he built at least
one of
>>  every ship using the 'official' combination of parts, he has built a
bunch
>>  of ships with unique combinations of those modular parts.
>>
>>  So have fun and build what you think looks good.
>>
>>  Dean Gundberg
>>

>    I know, but I like to build things the way they were "designed" to
be, so I
>  like to ask if they were designed to be one specific way.  Of course,
if that
>  way is significantly less good looking to my eye, then I'll do it my
way, but
>  I do like to be consistent with a fleet.  I'd never quibble with
people doing
>  it their own way though.  :-)

There are photos of the ships in our pdf catalogue (<www.gzg.com>,
"downloads" page), which show the way we put our display ones
together - I suppose that's as "official" as you'll get. BUT, as
others have remarked, the UNSC ships were deliberately designed to be
assembled in any way you choose.
FWIW, our FT1118 Storm class display mini has the "wing" horizontal
and the engine mount vertical....

>   grant
>
>  (hey, some of the mini's come with tubes that are obviously the
AMT's, but
>   some come with little "boxes" to attach.  Anyone know what they're
supposed
>   to be, if anything?)

Just generic weapon turrets, to add a bit of variety....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: UNSC ship pics Next: Re: UNSC ship pics