Prev: RE: UNSC ship pics Next: RE: UNSC ship pics

Re: UNSC ship pics

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:23:06 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: UNSC ship pics

> I don't think there is a "right" way of doing them so do it what ever
way
> you think looks good.  When I built my fleet, I pondered these same
> questions.  In the end I decided to make them more horizontal than
vertical
> if I had the choice how to mount things.  Then I rotated the engines
so they
> are in a diamond formation as you put it.  Why?  I don't know,. maybe
> give the ships a bit of variation.
>
> When Fleet Book 3 shows up, there will be an image of each ship that
might
> be kinda 'official' but I don't think anyone here would be upset if
you
> built them differently.  Hell my BC is different than official as I
don't
> like the command section for that mini and I had an extra BB, so I cut
off
> the chin of the BB command section and glued on some greebles (a model
> builders term for misc detail bits from who knows where) where the AMT
tubes
> are mounted and used it instead.  If you think that is bad, don't even
dare
> to look at Jim Bell's UNSC fleet.  Though I think he built at least
one of
> every ship using the 'official' combination of parts, he has built a
bunch
> of ships with unique combinations of those modular parts.
>
> So have fun and build what you think looks good.
>
> Dean Gundberg

   I know, but I like to build things the way they were "designed" to
be, so I
 like to ask if they were designed to be one specific way.  Of course,
if that
 way is significantly less good looking to my eye, then I'll do it my
way, but
 I do like to be consistent with a fleet.  I'd never quibble with people
doing
 it their own way though.  :-)

  grant

 (hey, some of the mini's come with tubes that are obviously the AMT's,
but
  some come with little "boxes" to attach.  Anyone know what they're
supposed
  to be, if anything?)

Prev: RE: UNSC ship pics Next: RE: UNSC ship pics