Prev: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics Next: UNSC ship pics

RE: [SGII] Alien seed

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:40:34 +1100
Subject: RE: [SGII] Alien seed

G'day,

> I'm not a biologist so I don't know, but I'd bet this would have some
> severe range limitations--especially if you're fighting on an airless
> world....

Airless makes it harder yes ;)

As to range on a world with air it could be 10s of km, assuming that
battlefield chemical releases don't neutralise the form of the
pheromone.

> You can draw technology from it, however - once this race gets
> industrialised, it gets into combat drugs in a big way. Roll on PA
suits
> with on-board pheremone storage that can be triggered by remote
command...
> Suddenly battlefield EW becomes a lot more important - it /literally/
> keeps the enemy dumb! Or forces the command entities to be a lot
closer
> to their squads (i.e. on the tabletop), just asking for a stray round
or
> sniper...

You'd better hope that suit breaches don't just release clouds of the
stuff too or with every soldier down his squad mates could go rampant ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics Next: UNSC ship pics