Prev: Re: [SGII] Alien seed Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: [SGII] Alien seed

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:38:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Yes, about 1 in 20 carried a "blaster" or "heat gun".  It wasn't that
deadly vs the powered armor, but sustained fire could burn through.

BTW, the book Armor *is* an excellent read.  Every time I read it
though,
when Steakley switches to Jack Crows point of view in the middle, my
brain
goes, "What?  huh?", and then I recover. :)

If they weren't true 25s, and thus very small and thin, I'd use
something
like McEwan Miniatures Dreenoi, though they'd be better with a second
set
of smaller arms.  The Dreenoi with Disruptor would be fine for an Ant
with
a blaster, and he does sell ones with no weapons.

<http://www.tin-soldier.com/sg/dreenoi.html>

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University