Prev: This is a test Next: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times

Re: FT: boom and zoom tactics

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:10:52 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: boom and zoom tactics

>> and operated a fleet of them, with 1-arc
>> Pulse Torpedo Launchers.
>
>Not the best possible choice for boom & zoom,
>unless you're really good at plotting your movement.
>I'm not a boom-and-zoom expert but you might
>think about 2 arc (FP/AP) or three arc B3's instead,
>or missiles.

I went with 1-arc PTL for the damage/mass ratio.
FP/AP arcs is not boom-and-zoom, but more of
a circle-the-enemy tactic.  Best to do that with
weapons with longer ranges than what the enemy has.
But that's not exactly "fair" or fun for the other
player.  We've outlawed "flip" ships just for
those reasons (and it's abusing a rule).

Glen

Prev: This is a test Next: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times