Prev: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

From: Mark Donald <mark.donald@f...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:23:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

> You beat me to it! Also, with my comment about bullet proof glass, you
could have (0/+1) and (0/+2).

> This can get complicated, with a pretty involved chart needed to tell
the players which cover is what, but it does allow some scope for
players that want the extra flexibility. As an example, thick jungle
ferns may be +2/+1 (very hard to see through because of the big leaves,
but not as much cover as an actual tree).

> I probably won't use this except for specialized terrain, but it does
offer a lot of flexibility.

This could also be used for degrading certain types of cover. Cover
starts off blocking sight and impact at (+2/+2) but downgrades over
successive turns of firing as chunks are blown out the wall or whatever
it is.

Obviously this is a bit complicated but it could work in a specific
scenario.

And how about upgrading cover?

Some kind of alien plant that only gently interferes with sight (+1/O)
but once the shooting starts it can exotically rearrange its leaves and
realign its internal cell structure to withstand damage until it
eventually becomes (+2/+2) after a few turns. And if it's an alien
rubber plant perhaps it can start bouncing
those bullets back at the firer.

And while I'm at it, we could apply the same idea to some kind of
adaptive Borg-style armour. Armour starts relatively low but increases
every time the unit is shot at until the firers remodulate their weapons
(takes an action) or switch to a different weapon type.

Book-keeping might not even be too hard if you just put a counter next
to the unit every time it's been shot at to indicate the armour level
has increased one from the base. Just ditch the counters when the firers
remodulate.

Mark

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please reply to
this email and then delete it. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails
and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such
monitoring.

Prev: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed