Prev: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover Next: FT: Graser-1 to Beam cost comparisons

FT: boom and zoom tactics

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:15:28 -0500
Subject: FT: boom and zoom tactics

I have found, after playing a game of it,
that boom & zoom tactics in cinematic
movement is BORING.  I designed some ships,
and operated a fleet of them, with 1-arc
Pulse Torpedo Launchers.  At long range they
cannot hit the broad side of a planet.	My
dice rolls sucked, of course (less hit than
should have), but the game was still BORING.

After two passes, and having lost two cruiser-class
ships to their not losing any nor even getting a threshold, my ships
went to FTL.
Then we got out some "regular" ships and had a
lot more fun.

Anyone with me on this?

Glen

Prev: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover Next: FT: Graser-1 to Beam cost comparisons