Prev: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times Next: Diceless Full Thrust (was: more Graser observations)

Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:45:45 +1100
Subject: Re: ? for the FT players or anyone with RW Naval Build Times

From: <DOCAgren@aol.com>

> How long should it take on average to build a ship per Mass point?
> I'm asking for a proven design not a new prototype

RW build times for ships vary wildly.
2 years is about right for a 3,500 tonne ship
5 years is about right for a 80,000 tonne ship

Divide by at least 2 in times of emergency/hot war.

Try SQRT(mass) x 10 weeks.

eg Mass 36 ship - 60 weeks (just over 1 year)
Mass 256 ship - 160 weeks (just over 3 years)