Prev: Re: more Graser observations Next: Re: Drat that computer (or me)

Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:23:52 -0600
Subject: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

This can get REAL complicated; prone is usually considered good as
reduced
cross-section for being targeted. On the other hand, I remember an old
episode of SWAT where they  explained it was bad on concrete, because
their
studies indicated that bounced bullets tended to hug the ground.

If I recall right, British shipwrights tended to use teak because it was
thought least likely to cause infections from splinters.

A car still tends to reduce the accuracy in your being targeted, right?

Still sounds like one of those fiddly bits that drive us vacc-heads
nuts.
We keep seeing neat stuff to add, and OO has to go ballistic explaining
it's in there, sort of.

Out of curiosity, will 1/4" steel reliably stop 50 cal?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: more Graser observations Next: Re: Drat that computer (or me)