Prev: Re: pic needed to make Wave Gun template Next: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

[SGII] Nasty Cover

From: Mark Donald <mark.donald@f...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:01:24 +0100
Subject: [SGII] Nasty Cover

Hello,

The other day I was watching a video describing military tactics in
urban
areas (as you do) and the commentator mentioned that cars were bad cover
because the metal tends to splinter on impact.

It struck me that this idea could be used to create a third type of
cover to
sit alongside good ol' soft and hard. My group has just bought a range
of
toy cars to decorate our local urban death zone and so the plan is to
treat
them as hard cover for purposes of range but to muck about with the
armour
shifts to represent the splintering effect. Normally hard cover would
shift
armour up 2 levels, so we could try anything from a 1 level shift to
shifting armour down.

We could even leave armour levels alone and shift weapon impact up but I
think it feels more consistent with the idea of splintering to reduce
the
protective value of the cover than to increase the penetration of the
weapon.

Anyway, the complexity of another cover type seems to be balanced by the
fun
a player might have knowing that it's still worth hiding behind that car
but
it might porcupine him if he hangs around too long.

Thoughts? You're going to tell me somebody already came up with this in
1972
aren't you...?

Mark

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please reply to
this email and then delete it. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails
and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such
monitoring.

Prev: Re: pic needed to make Wave Gun template Next: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover