Prev: Re: Graser beam observations Next: RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice

Re: Graser beam observations

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:32:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Graser beam observations

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

> It has been shown repeatedly that a fleet of mosquitos can
> successfully take out an equivalent massed/point-costed
> larger single opponent ship.

Then why is there such a push for CPV?	Won't it just make the
situation more pronounced as large ship get more expensive and small
ships get cheaper?

> > Now, on the other hand, a 3-arc Graser-3 has the mass
> > of 36.  This is equivalent to 6x 3-arc Pulse Torpedo
> > Launchers.	I'll take the PTLs.  Hmm, but that potential
> > of 2d6 damage out to range 54" has me wondering.... :)

How about 6x 3-arc B3's?  We have always found B3's more effective
against any target with less than screen-3 (which we continue to use
from FT2).  That is why we allow PTs rerolls

Prev: Re: Graser beam observations Next: RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice