Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: RE: Stealth and Fighters

Re: Stealth and Fighters

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:02:45 +0000
Subject: Re: Stealth and Fighters

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:56:03AM -0600, Mark A. Siefert wrote:
>I've talked to Ken Burnside in the past, and I wouldn't say that AV is
an
>"attack" on Full Thrust as it is a more detailed way of handling
things.  At
>last year's RockCon, we discussed ideas on how to make FT's vector
system
>more in line with the issue of displacement, and his answer was simple:
>Only allow the ship to move half it's final velocity on any turn where
it
>uses thrust.

Actually, you can only allow it to move half the distance of the
acceleration used on the current turn - the residual velocity from
previous turns remains the same. This is certainly doable for small-ship
duels; for fleets it's not really an option.

Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: RE: Stealth and Fighters