Prev: Stealth and Fighters Next: Re: Stealth and Fighters

RE: Stealth and Fighters

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 06:56:03 -0600
Subject: RE: Stealth and Fighters

As for the issue of stealth, Power Projection Fleet uses the same
rational
in their discussions of the nature of space combat.

I've talked to Ken Burnside in the past, and I wouldn't say that AV is
an
"attack" on Full Thrust as it is a more detailed way of handling things.
 At
last year's RockCon, we discussed ideas on how to make FT's vector
system
more in line with the issue of displacement, and his answer was simple:
Only allow the ship to move half it's final velocity on any turn where
it
uses thrust.

Of course, to each his own.  AV is for those who like ultra-realistic
(whatever that means in a sci-fi genre) representation of space combat
with
one or two ships per size.  FT is for those who like more "cinematic"
games.
There is more than enough room in the space combat gaming community for
both.

I do like AV's ship designs, just the ticket for the "near future" ship
designs I've been wanting. Someone in the miniature sculpting world
should
at least TRY to tackle ships like this.

Later,
Mark