Prev: Re: Boo! Next: Stealth and fighters in space

Re: Concept: mass and mass

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:15:14 +0000
Subject: Re: Concept: mass and mass

Another thought - the mass of your models could be variable depending on

who cast them and from what - I believe pewter (which I'm pretty sure is

what Jon casts his models in now) is a significantly lower density than
any white metal with a lead content. So anything you have in lead would
show up as much heavier then an identical pewter casting.

A better measure might be to try and work out the volume of each model
(stick 'em in a beaker of water and measure the displacement ?). You'd
have to make sure that any hollow models were sealed of course.

Tony

Prev: Re: Boo! Next: Stealth and fighters in space