Prev: RE: California/Texas secession Next: Re: California/Texas secession

Re: California/Texas secession

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:29:23 +0000
Subject: Re: California/Texas secession

The Beast wrote:

> Also, the doyens of Orange County and Houston/Dallas-Ft Worth have
much
> more in common, and raw power, than they'd like you to know. And both
just
> like being BIG. Shame about that Alaska thing...

You have a good point there. Of course the obvious connection is the
hispanic population, which is big in both states. That could be a
uniting factor. Also, Austin is fairly liberal, and has a large computer
geek population. There wouldn't be much friction between Austin and San
Francisco/Oakland/San Jose. On the other hand, you have the rest of the
Texas population which has much more in common with Arkansas and
Louisiana. Maybe Texas splits on its own and California asks to join it
in an economic union that is made more permanent later on. I can't see
Texas asking to join up with California. Texas will stay in the union or
go it alone.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: California/Texas secession Next: Re: California/Texas secession