Prev: Re: California/Texas secession Next: RE: California/Texas secession

Re: California/Texas secession

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:09:45 -0600
Subject: Re: California/Texas secession

Goodall:
***
>ObGZG: Hmm... having trouble thinking of any, other than perhaps
Neo-puritanism is what gets California and Texas to split from the NAC
(though I can't honestly understand why those two states would merge, as
culturally they seem polar opposites...).
***

While hispanic culture is a possibility, and money has ALWAYS walked,
both
join much larger areas than just those states. I think the idea tends to
be, focus less on the direct participants, and more on the millieu.
Outside
forces have made stranger bedfellows.

Also, the doyens of Orange County and Houston/Dallas-Ft Worth have much
more in common, and raw power, than they'd like you to know. And both
just
like being BIG. Shame about that Alaska thing...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: California/Texas secession Next: RE: California/Texas secession