Prev: Re: Meson Artillery Next: Re: two minor beta fighter rules questions

Re: [SG2 ] Points

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:58:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2 ] Points

Replying to myself since no one else has...

Laserlight wrote:
> So a Green 3 with FP1 weapon, d4 armor and 6" movement is
> (6 x 1) x (4 + 6 - 3) x (6) = 6 x 7 x 6 = 252
>
> Let's divide by 25.2 so Private Green costs a convenient 10 points.

Or we could take the square root, which would make Pvt Green 16 points.
  The reason for taking the square root is that no matter how skilled a
figure is, one shot can still suppress, wound or kill him.  Continuing
along these lines,

> this scale, a Regular 2 with FP2, d6 armor and 6" movement is 46
points;

becomes 34 points (2 Greens instead of 4.5)

> a Veteran 1 with FP3 and d8 armor is 114 points.

around 54 pts (worth 3.5 Greens instead of 11)

>  Joe Scum, an untrained, unarmored guy with a .5FP weapon, is 2.5
points.

is now eight points.

Prev: Re: Meson Artillery Next: Re: two minor beta fighter rules questions