Prev: RE: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm? Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: grasers overpowered

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:22:52 +0100
Subject: Re: grasers overpowered

Glen Bailey wrote:

> >> I'll know for sure when I tell Steve "Mr. Mixed-Tech WW2
> >> uber battlewagons" about them and see if he changes his
> >> entire fleet over to use them.
> >
> > More importantly, see if he sticks to it after a few battles :-)
> > Frankly, if he didn't switch to Pulsers when FB2 was
> > published I don't think he'll use Grasers exclusively either.
>
>Oh he did.  Generally he has one pulser per gun, set
>to long range.  He then has 2-3 short range pulsers and 2-3
>class-2 beams and/or class-1 beams representing the
>smaller caliber weapons.  He also has some class-1 K-guns.

Sorry, I should've written "if he didn't switch to Pulsers *only* when
FB2
was published" :-/

If Steve uses pulsers *and* class-2 beams *and/or* class-1 beams *and*
class-1 K-guns, then that's a pretty good sign that none of these weapon

types are particularly unbalanced. I don't doubt that he'll want to add
some grasers into the mix as well, but I do doubt that they'll dominate

>But it's his *&^%#&!(& die rolls that kill me.

Same problem as with Aaron Teske, then. I'm afraid we can't write rules
specifically for people who roll abnormally high, though :-/

/Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm? Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers