Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish plea? Next: Earth Alliance Conversions

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:06:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

At 9:09 PM -0500 3/4/04, Laserlight wrote:
>Ryan Gill wrote:
>Why not just say that 1 fighter can pin 1
>fighter. a 1 fighter group pinning a 6 fighter
>group is going to see 4-5 of the fighters going
>on their merry way while 1-2 stay behind
>
>First, I suspect that you'd be inclined to stay
>put and keep your squadron together --
>three-to-one is a lot better odds than leaving
>your buddies to fend for themselves at
>one-to-one.

Depends on their tasking. If 12 torpedo bombers
are making a run on a ship and 2 fighters dive in
on their 6. Two are going to turn and probably
try to hold off the fighters and the other 10 are
going to burn in on their target if at all
possible.

>But firster, in fact firstest by quite a ways,
>is that more fighter groups on the table seems
>to mean **much** more time moving fighters
>around, counting them, knocking them over,
>firing them, et cetera.

It takes away the advantage of breaking them up
into smaller units for some kind of artificial
advantage. 6 on 2 should be a decided advantage
and a decided defensive disadvantage.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish plea? Next: Earth Alliance Conversions