Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:21:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

At 2:07 PM -0500 3/4/04, Randy Joiner wrote:

>Why can't they split fire? I roll for each unit in a group on
>whether it hit's or not, so they certainly aren't using a mutual
>targeting system. So why only one target at range?

Splitting fire should be possible in theory. Command and control
should be fairly easy here.

"Red 5 and 6, take the 2 on the right, Red Leader, 2, 3 and 4 will
take the 4 on the left. Every one get your weapons locks? Ok? Fox
2-1, Fox 2-2"

>>2) Dogfight (FT2 p.17): One *single* fighter group is in
>>base-to-base contact with one *single* enemy fighter group. Both
>>groups fire simultaneously at one another, may only fire at one
>>another (so still no splitting fire, since there's only one enemy
>>group in the dogfight), and may not be fired at by any units
>>outside the dogfight. If one of the fighter groups attempt to leave
>>the dogfight, the enemy gets a free shot at it.
>>

>Doesn't work. Contradictory to rule 3?

Not really. Its a modification or exception. You get so many craft in
the fight it just makes sense to do them alternating.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers