Prev: RE: ECC VII pics Next: CPV?

Re: dreadnought thrust was Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:02:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: dreadnought thrust was Re: Fighters and Hangers

--- agoodall@att.net wrote:
> Jared wrote:
>
> > So unlike MT armor, it can be lost.
>
> That's an interesting idea, though not realistic for the
> Russo-Japanese War period. McCulley's report shows the location where
> shots hit several of the Russian ships. At no time did a shot hit the
> same location twice, so the idea of degrading armour just doesn't fit
> this era.
>
> > PS The K-gun & IA conversion was never meant to represent real
> > world wet navies, just "inspired by" -type spaceships.
>
> Those are some interesting ideas, though.

Our first iteration of Integral Armor had all of the armor take a
single threshold check, with a failure resulting in the loss of a
single level.  I like this better, but several others thought this was
too powerful, so it was reduced to the system that I described.

Prev: RE: ECC VII pics Next: CPV?