Prev: Re: After Con Report - ECC VII Next: Re: my too-brief GZG-ECC VII visit

RE: Speeding up multi-player games.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:25:58 +1100
Subject: RE: Speeding up multi-player games.

Pre-written orders in a semi-double blind format tend to work well.
I run a huge multiplayer Battletech game at Conquest every year (Easter
Weekend here in Melbourne) and we average 15 minutes per turn with 10
players.  As anyone who plays Battletech knows, you're often lucky to
get
that with *two* players.

'Tech Orders are written as:
Fire Orders,
Close Combat Resolution
Movement Orders
Heat Phase.

Translating this to SG/DS formats:

All players write down two part orders.
All players resolve Action One (with Fire Actions resolved before Move
Actions).
All players resolve Action Two and Close Assaults (and op.fire from
failed
assault actions in Action One).

It may break down when you start including C&C from multiple teirs.
Single
transfers would still work the same (with bonus actions), but the
transfer
orders would need to be written at the same time.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Australian Government policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: Re: After Con Report - ECC VII Next: Re: my too-brief GZG-ECC VII visit