Prev: SGII: Putting together a force Next: Re: SGII And Points

RE: SGII: Putting together a force

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:39:36 +1100
Subject: RE: SGII: Putting together a force

Short Battalion, arranged as:

Command Sqd

  -------------------------------
  |					  |
Assault Command 1			Assault Command 2
 |---	Support Sqd 1		 |---	Support Sqd 2
 |---	Anti-tank Sqd 1 	 |---	Anti-tank Sqd 2
 |---	Line Sqd 1			 |---	Line Sqd 2
 |---	Line Sqd 3			 |---	Line Sqd 4

Command Squad (7): 4 Officers (convert ECM, Medic, Comms figures), 3 SMG
troopers (bodyguard),
2 x Assault Command Squads (8):  Officer, 4 SMGs, APSW w/- Commlink,
Recoiless rifle + crew
2 x Support Squads (6): 2 HMGs + crew, 2 Vehicle Crew (as close
protection)
2 x Anti-Tank Squads (6): 2 Recoiless rifles + crew, 2 Vehicle Crew (as
close protection)
4 x Line Squads (8):  Rifleman w/- Commlink, 5 Riflemen, 2 APSW,

In the Line squads, you probably want to convert one or two figures per
squad to carry an additional LAW for extra punch.  Simply add a tube of
plastic to their packs before you paint them.

The trick with the Support & Anti-Tank squads is to remember that with
two
actions per activation, you can alternate fire with the heavy weapons,
doubling your chances of penetrating (or suppressing) the target.

This is a very flexible unit structure (aside from all the heavy
weapons)
and even using FP2 rifles, you max out with d12.

When you get the Power Armour troopers, attach them as Assault Command
3,
starting a new chain of command (depending on how many you order).  They
look even better if you convert them with Cavalry Sabres (Nic may
remember
which ones they are when I converted mine).

Brendan
'neath southern skies

SMGs)

> pretty much out of the question at this point.  I *do* intend to pick
up
> some Eureka miniatures to use as powered armor for these guys (The
Mark II

> Retro PA), though I've not yet decided how many.

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Australian Government policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: SGII: Putting together a force Next: Re: SGII And Points