Prev: Re: SGII And Points Next: Re: A simple ECC VII AAR

Re: SGII And Points

From: kevinbalentine@v...
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:07:57 -0600
Subject: Re: SGII And Points

My friends and I are doing this exact thing right now.

We're using Full Thrust and Dirtside to play out a small "fringe
worlds" campaign. We are about to have our first combat this
weekend ... my task force ambushing an escort on a scouting
mission.

I'll let you know how it (the campaign) turns out.

On 1 Mar 2004 at 11:15, FlakMagnet72 wrote:

> I've been wanting to run a campaign where players move fleets between
star
> systems, fight a Full Thrust game for control of that system then
fight a
> ground-combat game for control over the planet(s) of that system in
order to
> lay claim to the wealth/resources of that planet.
>
> I wanted to be able to let players build their own units
>
> Stargrunt, due to it's lack of a points-based system is ill-suited to
that.

> Members of my group have expressed interest in using either Silent
Dark by
> Wolfe Games or Dirtside, with strong leanings towards DS2 because of
the
> scale.
>
> --Tim
>
> On Monday 01 March 2004 10:53 am, Paul M. M. Jacobus wrote:
> > > I offered that there were a couple very balanced fan created
points
> > > systems available on the web.  That didn't sway them either.
"Tuffley