Prev: Re: While the cat's away... And jumping off on a tangent Next: Re: SGII And Points

Re: SGII And Points

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:13:53 -0600
Subject: Re: SGII And Points

Today I was at the local game store and the topic of SGII came about.
No
sooner had said the name did the local GW fan contingent tell me that
SGII
"sucks" because it doesn't have a points system.  Even after I tried
explain
Jon's reasoning for this, they told me that GZG doesn't want to make
money
because "powergamers and munchkins are the only gamers in the SF
market."
Without points "you might as well be playing historical wargames."

I offered that there were a couple very balanced fan created points
systems
available on the web.  That didn't sway them either.  "Tuffley made a
mistake by not adding a point system, he'll never compete with GW by
doing
that."

Comments?

LOL  Mark, You can't save the religiously afflicted.......) That and at
the
rate of their financial commitment to the Evil Empire, sort of makes
fantical loyalty logical .........)

Prev: Re: While the cat's away... And jumping off on a tangent Next: Re: SGII And Points